My Pregnancy; from the beginning





So, as this is my first post, I figured what better way to get started than to recap the biggest event of our past year...

At the beginning of 2016 Adam and I moved into our first home together (wow, that makes me realise how far we've come in the past year). It wasn't long before we naturally progressed onto the next stage of our life, and decided we were ready to try for a baby - a thought that, truthfully, until then had been completely unwelcome. I always thought that I wanted to be in my late 20's by the time I planned to become a Mummy.
So, with me, as soon as something is in my head, I'm pretty determined to go through with it. My issue was, I had been on constant contraception for the past six years, and I was fully aware that my body may need time to flush it out of my system. So we prepared ourselves for the wait...

It's June, and we're actively trying to get pregnant (don't worry, I'll spare you those details). Now, for those of you who have been there, I'm sure you can vouch for me here, you 'feel' pregnant straight away, right? I would tell Adam every day "I think I'm pregnant" but realistically, I had no idea - no symptoms (that I'm aware of) show five minutes post sex. I was flouncing between telling myself 'it's in your head' and 'when you know, you just know'... So I decided to do a pregnancy test (and another...and another...) knowing full well that it was not just a set up for disappointment, but a total waste of money. And I was right. Negative. This process was repeated at least twice a week for the next four weeks. I think I became somewhat obsessed. You'd think the disappointment every time I saw the words 'not pregnant' would put me off - but it made me more determined to prove that I was (remember, in my head I'm like 4000% sure I am). And when I say obsessed, I mean obsessed. I think I started creating baby wish lists on numerous websites, I even chose what travel system I was having (which we did actually end up getting).

July 1st. I'd been feeling funny little cramps in my stomach all day (at this point I'd not done a test all week, because I'd done some research and basically realised how silly I'd been taking the test before the correct hormones had even formed in my urine to make the pregnancy detectable). So Adam went to fetch another test on the basis that I would do it in the morning - but impatient little me couldn't wait, and as there's two tests in the pack I did one at 11pm at night! Positive. I could not believe it. It was then I realised that I couldn't possibly have been 'sure' that I was pregnant like I thought I was, as seeing the word 'Prengant' knocked me for six.

We are now 33 weeks along, and as hard as it's been so far, we realise how lucky we are that first of all, we could even get pregnant, and that we were able to do so so soon.



Unfortunately, there isn't a full-length picture of the two of us since the bump has been visible (and let me tell you, it's very VISIBLE now)

Keep checking back for more updates on my pregnancy.. And feel free to plug your own pregnancy stories, I'm literally spending my days emptying the biscuit tin, and reading blog after blog online 

You May Also Like

0 comments